Osteopaths work with other health care practitioners to let you take back control of your life.
Fibromyalgia is a chronic and often complex condition which causes wide-spread pain, muscle stiffness and exhaustion.
Other common symptoms include:
- Pins and needles (typically in the arms and legs)
- Chest pains
- A lack of concentration
- Poor memory
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- An unpredictable sleeping pattern
Osteopaths are trained to evaluate, diagnose, manage and carefully treat Fibromyalgia symptoms.
A multi-disciplinary approach is the most effective way of managing the symptoms of Fibromyalgia. If you suspect that you may have Fibromyalgia, touch base with your GP to confirm the diagnosis and what it means for you.
The following approaches have been shown to help some Fibromyalgia symptoms:
- Medication (Best discussed with your GP)
- Cardiovascular exercise (Swimming, jogging, cycling and walking helps release hormones such as endorphins and serotonin, decreases muscle tension and allows for better quality sleep).
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) (A psychological intervention does not mean that Fibromyalgia is 'in your head'. It does however give a platform for people to discuss their symptoms and struggles with a professional who can help improve how you can manage those struggles).
- Learn more about CBT in Cardiff HERE
- Relaxation techniques (meditation and breathing techniques).
- Strength training
- Warm baths
When you come visit us here at Optimal Osteopathy, your Osteopath will listen to you and discuss with you the best way to alleviate and manage your symptoms. We use classic Osteopathic principles to assess and treat the body as a whole to promote healing, function and wellbeing.
Your Osteopath will use hands-on techniques to help you deal with common symptoms such as headaches, difficulty with sleeping, muscle pain and joint stiffness. We will also give you specific exercises using our own specialist software so you can do them in the comfort of your own home or at the GYM.
Your first appointment is 1 hour and any follow ups are 30 minutes. We understand that symptoms can be random and manifest in any given area so we have a lot of time to tailor each session to how you're feeling on that particular day.
If this sounds like what you need you can book here
If you would like to know more about how we can help you, call Optimal Osteopathy on 02920 564111.